Beautiful Sweet-Smelling Flowers
Flowers occur in remarkably lovely forms. From delicate, dainty Gerberas and Violets to rich, silken petal Roses, from the creamy Carnation to the showy Alstroemeria and Daylilly, blossoms offer incredible versatility. People around the world have developed a floral language capable of expressing very specific emotions. Although sometimes the specific sentiments associated with particular flowers varies from one place to another, the power of blooms to convey deep feelings remains well recognised. For example, you can find a Rose to express most feelings.
Many people attach important symbolic associations to these flowers. Every colour of Rose reflects a specific human sentiment. Giving a rose to someone can sometimes convey deep feelings much better than words alone. Here are just a few common Rose symbols:
- Red Roses: Symbolise undying love and affection. These lovely blossoms appeal to many people as Valentines Day gifts, anniversary presents and heartfelt tokens of romantic affection;
- White Roses: Often a symbol of purity and innocence, white roses can convey other emotions, also, including stillness, secrecy or quiet reflection. Many brides carry bouquets of White Roses with them during weddings;
- Pink Roses: Denote gratitude;
- Yellow Roses: These beautiful flowers traditionally symbolised a range of sentiments, from friendship to jealousy, or even a broken heart. They often serve as a formal floral apology.
- Orange Roses: Frequently signify ambition and desire.
Bouquets of different coloured Roses can also express very specific feelings. For example, during the Middle Ages, two aristocratic houses fought for the throne of England during the War of the Roses, a civil war. One family used the White Rose as an emblem on the their shields and the other a deep Red Rose. Perhaps for this historic reason, a bouquet of mixed Red and White Roses today in some places conveys a very specific message of Unity (reflection plus true love). Similarly, a bouquet of mixed Yellow and Red Roses symbolises joy, happiness and excitement (friendship plus true love).
The beauty of fragrant roses and the lovely varieties of their colours allow people to design rich Rose vocabularies. Like an artist, you can use these flowers to share many wonderful sentiments with friends and loved ones. Possibly this fact accounts for the popularity of Roses in Gift Baskets. Rose bouquets also make great presents. These remarkable flowers truly serve all occasions!